The Sims 2 H&M Fashion Stuff
Let's be honest, this latest Sims 2 expansion pack isn't really aimed at winning over any new fans, and the existing fans out there already know if they're enough of a Sims junkie to want to shell out for what essentially boils down to nothing more (or less) than a load of new clothes and some shop items lobbed on a disk and priced firmly in the impulse buy end of things. Such specific appeal goes a long way towards making this review obsolete before I start, but for those still interested in my ramblings and in the spirit of making an adventure out of even the most mundane of titles, I'm going to let you all choose your own review...
1. It's a dark and stormy night; you're alone in the middle of a vast open space, your feet sinking into the sodden ground while a bitter wind blowing from the east causes you to shiver uncontrollably, your wet clothes offering little protection from the elements. To the north you see a small cave, its entrance strangely visible despite the storm raging around you.
a) Go north into the cave. (go to 2)
b) Stand around for a while and ponder the safety of entering an unknown cave in the middle of the night. (go to 3)
2. You make it to the cave, your whole body aches with the cold and you can't feel your hands. The remains of a recently abandoned fire are still glowing in the entrance; a pile of dry wood sits nearby.
What do you want to do now?
3. You freeze to death. Let's be honest, any cave is better than no cave. The end, 0%.
4. As the warmth of the fire starts to bring your sense back to life you notice a small package wrapped in cloth stuffed between some rocks. Reaching for it you unwrap it carefully and find a copy of The Sims 2 H&M Fashion Stuff still in its plastic wrapping.
What do you want to do?
a) Stow the game in your bag, sod the camping lark and rush home to install it (go to 7)
b) Burn it in the fire (go to 5)
c) Fashion it into a crude weapon using sticky back plastic and an old loo roll. (go to 5)
5. Your crude yet strangely imposing weapon means all would be foes are scared away leaving you to pass the night in comfort before continuing on your way the next morning happy in the knowledge there is one less copy of Sims 2 H&M Fashion Stuff in existence. The end, 0%
6. You die from the inhaled fumes given off by the burning plastic. Muppet! The end, 0%
7. Arriving safely home you excitedly install The Sims 2 H&M Fashion Stuff and load up a new game eager to create a new character kitted out in the latest fashions and open up your own H&M themed shop.
a) You find the H&M clothing rage to be the very height of all things cool, each item of clothing clearly better than anything the original game could offer. You are full of joy. (go to 9)
b) The clothes and shop items are okay, but let's be honest you've downloaded better for free. (go to 8)
c) You hate the clothes, whatever happened to the Primark range! (go to 10)
8. As you suspected, it's an entirely disposable package. Of course it's nice to have the extra clothes and items but the prospect of making people not lucky enough to find a copy in a cave pay money for it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. The end, 50%
9. It does exactly what it says on the tin and as a Sims 2 obsessive there is nothing you like better than a truck load of official clothes from one of your favourite shops. You know that even if you'd not stumbled upon that cave you'd be rushing out to buy this anyway.
a) Asking people to pay just under a tenner still seems like a lot for what you get. (go to 11)
b) Considering the low price tag it's a bargain for what you get (go to 12)
10. You wish you'd left it in the cave now, having seen everything on offer you think the original games clothes are just fine for you, these silly objects packs give the otherwise wonderful Sims 2 a bad name. The end, 40%
11. Even for the price it still doesn't feel like a great deal but then again the quality of everything is good and it's nice to get some more variety into the game. The end, 60%
12. Around three hundred items for less than ten pound is a great deal and does exactly what you wanted from such a pack. What more could you ask for? This is just what your Sims 2 game has been waiting for. The end, 80%
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title