Titanfall could be patched at launch to achieve 1080p on Xbox One
Rumours have surfaced surrounding the actual resolution that Titanfall will run at when in arrives on the Xbox One in the middle of next month.
While Respawn has stated publicly that they are aiming to have the game running at 900p on the Xbox One for launch some sources have indicated the game will run at 720p while others have suggested that, with a day one patch the game will run at the coveted 1080p.
The latter source stated in a discussion thread on AVForums that, “they told us there will be 2 patches pre-release, which should get it to 1080p following the Xbox One Patches,” assuming that by “they” he means either EA or Respawn. It must be stressed that neither EA or Respawn have chosen to comment on these rumours.
Patching the game at launch or post-launch to get it running at 1080p is perfectly feasible and just means that the optimization work has gone on beyond Titanfall's gold date. For example, Assassin's Creed IV and Call Of Duty: Ghosts were both patched to play at 1080p on the PS4 post launch. So, it's not unreasonable to suggest that Respawn could do the same with the Xbox One version of Titanfall.
Titanfall is due for release on the PC and Xbox One on March the 11th in North America and March 14th in Europe and the UK.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat