Wii U lifetime Japanese sales pass the Xbox 360's
The Wii U has now managed to surpass the Xbox 360's lifetime sales in Japan.
The Xbox 360 has sold pitifully in Japan racking up just 1,641,528 units since it launched back in September of 2005 despite Microsoft's better efforts to court Japanese gamers with platform, exclusives like Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon.
In contrast Nintendo's struggling home console has managed to sell 1,643,095 units since it arrived at the end of 2012 which leaves it lagging behind the PS Vita's 2.5 million sales for roughly the same time period.
These sales figures possibly seem pretty sad considering that the PS4 has managed to sell over 300,000 units in Japan alone since it launched there on Saturday taking its worldwide sales to around the 5.6 million units mark.
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit