Wii U lifetime Japanese sales pass the Xbox 360's
The Wii U has now managed to surpass the Xbox 360's lifetime sales in Japan.
The Xbox 360 has sold pitifully in Japan racking up just 1,641,528 units since it launched back in September of 2005 despite Microsoft's better efforts to court Japanese gamers with platform, exclusives like Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon.
In contrast Nintendo's struggling home console has managed to sell 1,643,095 units since it arrived at the end of 2012 which leaves it lagging behind the PS Vita's 2.5 million sales for roughly the same time period.
These sales figures possibly seem pretty sad considering that the PS4 has managed to sell over 300,000 units in Japan alone since it launched there on Saturday taking its worldwide sales to around the 5.6 million units mark.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes