Wii U lifetime Japanese sales pass the Xbox 360's
The Wii U has now managed to surpass the Xbox 360's lifetime sales in Japan.
The Xbox 360 has sold pitifully in Japan racking up just 1,641,528 units since it launched back in September of 2005 despite Microsoft's better efforts to court Japanese gamers with platform, exclusives like Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon.
In contrast Nintendo's struggling home console has managed to sell 1,643,095 units since it arrived at the end of 2012 which leaves it lagging behind the PS Vita's 2.5 million sales for roughly the same time period.
These sales figures possibly seem pretty sad considering that the PS4 has managed to sell over 300,000 units in Japan alone since it launched there on Saturday taking its worldwide sales to around the 5.6 million units mark.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year