Wii U lifetime Japanese sales pass the Xbox 360's
The Wii U has now managed to surpass the Xbox 360's lifetime sales in Japan.
The Xbox 360 has sold pitifully in Japan racking up just 1,641,528 units since it launched back in September of 2005 despite Microsoft's better efforts to court Japanese gamers with platform, exclusives like Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon.
In contrast Nintendo's struggling home console has managed to sell 1,643,095 units since it arrived at the end of 2012 which leaves it lagging behind the PS Vita's 2.5 million sales for roughly the same time period.
These sales figures possibly seem pretty sad considering that the PS4 has managed to sell over 300,000 units in Japan alone since it launched there on Saturday taking its worldwide sales to around the 5.6 million units mark.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto