Wii U lifetime Japanese sales pass the Xbox 360's
The Wii U has now managed to surpass the Xbox 360's lifetime sales in Japan.
The Xbox 360 has sold pitifully in Japan racking up just 1,641,528 units since it launched back in September of 2005 despite Microsoft's better efforts to court Japanese gamers with platform, exclusives like Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon.
In contrast Nintendo's struggling home console has managed to sell 1,643,095 units since it arrived at the end of 2012 which leaves it lagging behind the PS Vita's 2.5 million sales for roughly the same time period.
These sales figures possibly seem pretty sad considering that the PS4 has managed to sell over 300,000 units in Japan alone since it launched there on Saturday taking its worldwide sales to around the 5.6 million units mark.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer