Sony's London Soho studio working on something with 'cutting-edge' visuals
Some interesting job postings on Sony's website have shed some light on what they are working on at their new studio in the heart of London.
The latest vacancy is for a principle programmer with technical art skills whose responsibilities will include maintaining and enhancing the graphics engine as well as researching and developing new techniques as well as defining workflow and pipelines for the art department.
Candidates require experience on next-gen graphics and game engines plus knowledge of textures, modelling, lighting, animation, scripting and particles. The person who secures the role will be responsible for “ensuring the completed game has cutting-edge graphical polish.”
This posting comes as previous posting for senior lighting artist closes (closing date was yesterday) “to join our world-class development team working on our next generation PS4 titles.”
Whatever Sony's Soho studio is working on it sure looks like it will be interesting and probably quite the visual spectacle.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3