Sony reveal Network plans
With just hours to go until the PAL PS3 console launches across Europe, Sony have filled us in on a few of their plans for the PlayStation Network online service. From day one, tomorrow, gamers will be able to download the following titles from the service: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, Blast Factor, Lemmings, and Gran Turismo HD Concept.
At the end of March, another update will see the addition of Super Rub a Dub, flOw, Go! Puzzle and Go! Sudoku onto the PS3 Network. We're also reliably informed that all these titles will be available at discounted rates through to May 23rd.Like the Live Marketplace, the Network will also offer up a variety of demos for your titillation. From this weekend, the following free trial versions will be downloadable: Resistance: Fall of Man, MotorStorm, Formula One Championship Edition, Ridge Racer 7, Genji: Days of the Blade, Lemmings, and Blast Factor.
New content for Ridge Racer and Genji will also be online from this weekend, while we learn that additional content for Resistance and MotorStorm will also arrive over the next couple of months.
All this will be yours when you connect your PS3 to the Network via your home broadband connection. No subscription fees apply, and you can even multiplay via games like Resistance and MotorStorm. Considering joining that midnight queue, after all?
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year