Duke Nukem Forever spec speculation
Well, this news is encouraging if only because it demonstrates that a game does exist, and that it will require some form of hardware to run it. This excerpt is taken from 3D Realms President George Broussard (on the 3D Realms forums), who was commenting yesterday on the possible system requirements of Duke Nukem Forever.
They are going to be steep. You will need a video card with pixel shaders. A GeForce 3 will be about the minimum card, and ideally you will want something like the latest ATI or nVidia card. Sure, the game will probably run on a GeForce 1/2, but you're not going to want to.
As for CPU? The more the better. A 1Ghz is a pretty slow machine these days, and you're probably going to want a 2 Ghz or better. DO NOT buy hardware for the game now. Wait until it's done and see where things are then.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year