Red Faction 2 goes multi-platform
In true Splinter Cell-style, the PS2 ‘exclusive’ (read: for Christmas only) Red Faction 2 is now on it’s way to a myriad of additional formats through THQ developers Cranky Pants (GameCube version) and Outrage (Xbox and PC versions). The PS2 hit first-person shooter is scheduled to hit the Xbox, GameCube and PC this March.
The GameCube version will apparently feature enhanced lighting, whilst the Xbox and PC versions will enjoy improved texture quality, new character models, and additional multiplayer maps.
"We are very pleased to be bringing an original, internally developed brand like Red Faction II to GameCube, Xbox and PC," enthused Alison Locke, executive vice president, THQ North America. "In addition to groundbreaking Geo-Mod technology, Red Faction II offers gamers a complete entertainment experience with new enhancements and improvements that take advantage of each system's respective hardware."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year