Red Faction 2 goes multi-platform
In true Splinter Cell-style, the PS2 ‘exclusive’ (read: for Christmas only) Red Faction 2 is now on it’s way to a myriad of additional formats through THQ developers Cranky Pants (GameCube version) and Outrage (Xbox and PC versions). The PS2 hit first-person shooter is scheduled to hit the Xbox, GameCube and PC this March.
The GameCube version will apparently feature enhanced lighting, whilst the Xbox and PC versions will enjoy improved texture quality, new character models, and additional multiplayer maps.
"We are very pleased to be bringing an original, internally developed brand like Red Faction II to GameCube, Xbox and PC," enthused Alison Locke, executive vice president, THQ North America. "In addition to groundbreaking Geo-Mod technology, Red Faction II offers gamers a complete entertainment experience with new enhancements and improvements that take advantage of each system's respective hardware."
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title