Red Faction 2 goes multi-platform
In true Splinter Cell-style, the PS2 ‘exclusive’ (read: for Christmas only) Red Faction 2 is now on it’s way to a myriad of additional formats through THQ developers Cranky Pants (GameCube version) and Outrage (Xbox and PC versions). The PS2 hit first-person shooter is scheduled to hit the Xbox, GameCube and PC this March.
The GameCube version will apparently feature enhanced lighting, whilst the Xbox and PC versions will enjoy improved texture quality, new character models, and additional multiplayer maps.
"We are very pleased to be bringing an original, internally developed brand like Red Faction II to GameCube, Xbox and PC," enthused Alison Locke, executive vice president, THQ North America. "In addition to groundbreaking Geo-Mod technology, Red Faction II offers gamers a complete entertainment experience with new enhancements and improvements that take advantage of each system's respective hardware."
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release