Twitch streaming heading to Xbox One just before Titanfall arrives
Microsoft has announced a date for the arrival of Twitch game streaming functionality for the Xbox One.
Twitch streaming functionality was one of the main pillars of the Xbox One's gaming functionality that was announced in May of last year and it was a bit disappointing that the Xbox One launched without the feature enabled, especially seeing as the PS4 supported Ustream and Twitch from day one.
Microsoft's Yusuf Mehdi said, “Only Xbox One offers the most complete Twitch experience, with access to any live broadcast and the full Twitch catalogue. We’ve designed Xbox One to be the best place to play with features and unparalleled partnerships that deliver epic moments for gamers.”
Twitch gameplay streaming will arrive on the Xbox One from March the 11th the day Titanfall launches in North America and three days before it hits Europe and the UK on March 14th.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3