Guerilla Games' new IP has been in development for two and a half years
Last week rumblings appeared suggesting that Killzone dev Guerilla Games had a new IP in development.
Some more concrete news on that IP has emerged in a brand new video posted on Sony's Japanese PlayStation YouTube channel in honour of the Japanese launch of the PS4.
Guerilla executive producer Angie Smets said, “Well, we are working on a new IP. We started on that already two and a half years ago but unfortunately we cannot share details yet of the new IP. So, you'll have to be a bit more patient on that.”
It's impressive that they've managed to keep their new IP under wraps for as long as they have without any kind of leaks. According to the rumours from last week Sony should be announcing Guerilla's new IP some time later this year so it's a good bet it will make an appearance at either E3, Gamescom or the Tokyo Games Show.
Thanks PlayStation Lifestyle.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3