Irrational announces 1998 Mode coming with BioShock Infinite Burial At Sea Episode 2
Irrational Games boss Ken Levine has announced that they are including a new game mode as part of Episode Two of the Burial At Sea DLC for BioShock Infinite.
Due to the positive fan response to the 1999 Mode in the main game Levine and the team thought it would be interesting to test the skills of players with a mode that really challenges their stealth abilities.
"In Burial at Sea - Episode Two we put a focus on balance and stealth mechanics,” Levine explained. “As we were developing this new style of gameplay, we started to see people self-impose non-lethal playthroughs. Given the fan reception of 1999 Mode, we thought it would be cool to give them another way to play Burial at Sea that challenged their mastery of stealth tools."
Interestingly enough 1998 was the year Thief: The Dark Project was released; a game that Ken Levine served as designer on.
BioShock Infinite: Burial At Sea – Episode Two will be released on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 as a download on March the 25th.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3