Harrison to detail PS3 'Home' at GDC?
Speculation today has it that Phil Harrison's keynote speech at next week's Game Developers Conference in San Francisco will see the Sony boss unveiling PS3 'Home'. Rumour has it that Home will see Sony making good on their promise to expand the social side of their new console, and is seemingly a blending of the Wii's Mii avatar and the Xbox 360's achievement points systems. That's if this week's idle gossip proves true.
The system will offer you the chance to create a virtual character, who will appear from time to time in PS3 games, with in-game success rewarded by your character receiving items for your 'Home' which can then be filled with trophies, as it were. It certainly sounds like an interesting idea, and tittle-tattle has it that Sony will make it a requirement in future PS3 titles.
As we already know, the SIXAXIS controller boasts a 'Home' button, and this could be an interesting spin on the social networking craze currently sweeping the online world. Sony have previously promised a major announcement forthcoming at the GDC, though we're only conjecturing that this will be it at present.
More as we get it.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft