Rumour suggests Mario Kart 8 could ship with a track editor
Another rumour doing the rounds today is the suggestion that Mario Kart 8 could feature a track editor.
According to the product description of Mario Kart 8 on US online retailer Newegg.com, “It features new elements such as customizing bikes and designing your own tracks.”
Now this is a retailer's description of the the game and not Nintendo's official line but it would be a very interesting use of the Wii U's gamepad to allow track creation and bike customisation via the touch screen.
The entry was spotted by an eagle-eyed Wii U gamer over on gaming forum NeoGAF.
True or not Mario Kart 8 launches on the Wii U on May the 30th.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3