Smartglass challenge editor for Ryse: Son Of Rome quietly smothered in its sleep Roman-style
If anyone was looking forward to the Smartglass-powered challenge editor for Ryse: Son Of Rome announced at last year's Gamescom they may be in for a disappointment.
The mode was to allow players to quickly build their own map of challenges for Ryse's co-op gladiator mode and upload it for a set period of time using the Smartglass app on their tablet.
This feature has been abandoned by Microsoft and Crytek as confirmed by the Xbox platform-holder to Polygon.
They stated, "After careful consideration, we have decided to cease development on Ryse: Son of Rome's challenge editor and focus on improving and expanding fans' experience with the game through both free content updates and purchased add-on packs. We look forward to sharing more details soon."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3