Capcom releases a new trailer for Deep Down in honour of the PS4's Japanese launch
Deep Down may not be making an appearance alongside the Japanese launch of the PS4 this weekend but Capcom has released a new trailer to make sure fans don't forget the upcoming free-to-play RPG.
The new trailer features a lot more of the game's action and shows off a first proper look at the monsters that players will encounter on their travels round the game's procedurally-generated dungeons.
An unfortunate side effect of this is that the trailer appears around the same time as the new Dark Souls II TV/cinema spot and it does make Deep Down seem very much like a next-gen free-to-play equivalent of From Software's punishingly difficult RPG series. Then again a next-gen free-to-play game similar to Dark Souls would be no bad thing.
Deep Down was to release in open beta with the PS4 when it is released in Japan tomorrow (Feb 22nd) but Capcom has now delayed the beta phase until after the summer.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year