Capcom releases a new trailer for Deep Down in honour of the PS4's Japanese launch
Deep Down may not be making an appearance alongside the Japanese launch of the PS4 this weekend but Capcom has released a new trailer to make sure fans don't forget the upcoming free-to-play RPG.
The new trailer features a lot more of the game's action and shows off a first proper look at the monsters that players will encounter on their travels round the game's procedurally-generated dungeons.
An unfortunate side effect of this is that the trailer appears around the same time as the new Dark Souls II TV/cinema spot and it does make Deep Down seem very much like a next-gen free-to-play equivalent of From Software's punishingly difficult RPG series. Then again a next-gen free-to-play game similar to Dark Souls would be no bad thing.
Deep Down was to release in open beta with the PS4 when it is released in Japan tomorrow (Feb 22nd) but Capcom has now delayed the beta phase until after the summer.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer