Far Cry 4 could be set in the Himalayas
The next Far Cry game could be making the jump to a much colder locale according to new rumours.
Industry super sleuth Superannuation has indicated that Far Cry 4 could be set in a location similar to the Himalayas which is a lot colder than the series previous outings in tropical paradises and deepest darkest Africa.
Superannuation stated on Twitter (admittedly accidentally), “Far Cry 4 sounds super boring from the rumors. It’s the third game more or less transposed to the Himalayas or adjacent locale + monsters(?)”.
He added after, “Well, I thought I sent that as a DM. Oh well.”
Given the success seen by Far Cry 3 it would be hard to imagine that Ubisoft wouldn't be preparing a sequel but there are few concrete facts known about it at this point. Superannuation is usually quite reliable but as always these remain just rumours until Ubisoft makes a formal announcement.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3