Rockstar Games to receive an honorary BAFTA Fellowship
BAFTA has announced that Rockstar Games is to receive an Honorary Fellowship at the British Academy Games Awards ceremony to be held later this month in London.
Rockstar's UK studios in Edinburgh and Leeds are the driving force behind the Grand Theft Auto series with Rockstar North in Edinburgh having created the series in its previous incarnation on DMA Design back in the late-nineties.
“We have long believed in the potential for videogames to become a new form of cultural expression and worked to show that in our games, so for us accepting the BAFTA Fellowship is incredibly humbling,” said Rockstar founder Sam Houser. “This honour reflects the creative vision and dedication of a huge number of people over many years, and we look forward to accepting the Fellowship on their behalf.”
The British Academy Games Awards will take place on Wednesday the 12th of March at Tobacco Dock in London and will be hosted by Dara O'Briain for the sixth year running.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3