Black Tusk's first Gears Of War title to breathe new life into the franchise
Microsoft's Phil Spencer is cranking up the hype machine for Black Tusk's first pop the Gears Of War franchise.
Spencer has stated on Twitter that Black Tusk will reinvigorate the franchise now that it has passed out of Epic's hands.
“Still working through plan.” Spencer stated “I can say first original GoW from BT has to reignite franchise and grow it, won't be a quick turn. And I believe we've built the right team to achieve that goal, I just want to give them the time.”
It seemed that Epic had somewhat lost the taste for the Gears Of War franchise after the series creator Cliff Bleszinski and other key figures on the the franchise including Black Tusk's Rod Fergusson left the Unreal Engine developer. Hopefully the fresh team at Black Tusk can inject some new life into the series.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer