Black Tusk's first Gears Of War title to breathe new life into the franchise
Microsoft's Phil Spencer is cranking up the hype machine for Black Tusk's first pop the Gears Of War franchise.
Spencer has stated on Twitter that Black Tusk will reinvigorate the franchise now that it has passed out of Epic's hands.
“Still working through plan.” Spencer stated “I can say first original GoW from BT has to reignite franchise and grow it, won't be a quick turn. And I believe we've built the right team to achieve that goal, I just want to give them the time.”
It seemed that Epic had somewhat lost the taste for the Gears Of War franchise after the series creator Cliff Bleszinski and other key figures on the the franchise including Black Tusk's Rod Fergusson left the Unreal Engine developer. Hopefully the fresh team at Black Tusk can inject some new life into the series.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side