Nintendo: Retro and Shigeru Miyamoto could work together in the future
Nintendo has hinted at a collaboration between Metroid Prime devs Retro Studios and Shigeru Miyamoto.
Producer with Nintendo's SPD (the team that works with second-party developers) Kensuke Tanabe indicated in a new interview that they consider Retro as part of the family and they may even work on a future Miyamoto-led project.
"We consider Retro as part of Nintendo family and a very capable game development studio,” explained Tanabe-san. “As a Nintendo development team, they will keep working with not only SPD [the Nintendo division responsible for managing second party games], but also with the development teams in Kyoto. They might even work on a title that Miyamoto-san leads directly in the future."
Retro Studios has created one of the most memorable Nintendo series to date in the Metroid Prime Trilogy. Just imagine what they could do with Mario or, dare we say it, Zelda?
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer