Nintendo: Retro and Shigeru Miyamoto could work together in the future
Nintendo has hinted at a collaboration between Metroid Prime devs Retro Studios and Shigeru Miyamoto.
Producer with Nintendo's SPD (the team that works with second-party developers) Kensuke Tanabe indicated in a new interview that they consider Retro as part of the family and they may even work on a future Miyamoto-led project.
"We consider Retro as part of Nintendo family and a very capable game development studio,” explained Tanabe-san. “As a Nintendo development team, they will keep working with not only SPD [the Nintendo division responsible for managing second party games], but also with the development teams in Kyoto. They might even work on a title that Miyamoto-san leads directly in the future."
Retro Studios has created one of the most memorable Nintendo series to date in the Metroid Prime Trilogy. Just imagine what they could do with Mario or, dare we say it, Zelda?
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive