Nintendo: Retro and Shigeru Miyamoto could work together in the future
Nintendo has hinted at a collaboration between Metroid Prime devs Retro Studios and Shigeru Miyamoto.
Producer with Nintendo's SPD (the team that works with second-party developers) Kensuke Tanabe indicated in a new interview that they consider Retro as part of the family and they may even work on a future Miyamoto-led project.
"We consider Retro as part of Nintendo family and a very capable game development studio,” explained Tanabe-san. “As a Nintendo development team, they will keep working with not only SPD [the Nintendo division responsible for managing second party games], but also with the development teams in Kyoto. They might even work on a title that Miyamoto-san leads directly in the future."
Retro Studios has created one of the most memorable Nintendo series to date in the Metroid Prime Trilogy. Just imagine what they could do with Mario or, dare we say it, Zelda?
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today