Nintendo: Retro and Shigeru Miyamoto could work together in the future
Nintendo has hinted at a collaboration between Metroid Prime devs Retro Studios and Shigeru Miyamoto.
Producer with Nintendo's SPD (the team that works with second-party developers) Kensuke Tanabe indicated in a new interview that they consider Retro as part of the family and they may even work on a future Miyamoto-led project.
"We consider Retro as part of Nintendo family and a very capable game development studio,” explained Tanabe-san. “As a Nintendo development team, they will keep working with not only SPD [the Nintendo division responsible for managing second party games], but also with the development teams in Kyoto. They might even work on a title that Miyamoto-san leads directly in the future."
Retro Studios has created one of the most memorable Nintendo series to date in the Metroid Prime Trilogy. Just imagine what they could do with Mario or, dare we say it, Zelda?
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent
- New video gives a sneak peek at Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below
- Sony claims “no evidence” of a breach after hacker group claims to have leaked PSN account details online
- Activision using copyright strikes to remove Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare glitch videos from YouTube
- Steam Thanksgiving Sale to begin later this week
- Irrational Games seems to be hiring again
- Gorgeous Xbox One metroidvania adventure Ori And The Blind Forest delayed into next year
- Crytek bringing the action fo Warface to Siberia
- Warner Bros releases brand new Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay footage