Nintendo: Retro and Shigeru Miyamoto could work together in the future
Nintendo has hinted at a collaboration between Metroid Prime devs Retro Studios and Shigeru Miyamoto.
Producer with Nintendo's SPD (the team that works with second-party developers) Kensuke Tanabe indicated in a new interview that they consider Retro as part of the family and they may even work on a future Miyamoto-led project.
"We consider Retro as part of Nintendo family and a very capable game development studio,” explained Tanabe-san. “As a Nintendo development team, they will keep working with not only SPD [the Nintendo division responsible for managing second party games], but also with the development teams in Kyoto. They might even work on a title that Miyamoto-san leads directly in the future."
Retro Studios has created one of the most memorable Nintendo series to date in the Metroid Prime Trilogy. Just imagine what they could do with Mario or, dare we say it, Zelda?
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO