Uncharted confirmed as new Naughty Dog title
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune has been confirmed as the swashbuckling new game from Naughty Dog, with US rag Game Informer announcing the title and promising more details in their in-bound April edition. A former modeller at Naughty Dog inadvertently announced the identity of the project via his online portfolio, with images of the title subsequently pulled as both Sony and Naughty Dog refused to speculate on the sneakily-glimpsed new title.
Of course, neither publisher or developer are saying anything as we speak, but the magazine cover story appears fairly conclusive, thereby backing-up information we learnt when the first evidence surfaced.
We're expecting, then, something in a similar mould to Indiana Jones / Tomb Raider / Galleon, with Nathan Blake off to some exotic locations in search of some hidden treasures. Pirates of the Caribbean could be another influence over the game, with a PlayStation 3 exclusive expected.
Snippets of the game, but no real name or specifics, were shown at E3 last year, and internet reports suggest all the details concerning this game are now coming together. Expect more official news soon, then.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year