Wii beating PS3 in Japan
More news related to the spiritual home of console gaming today, with word in that the Wii console is outselling the PlayStation 3 in Japan. GameSpot UK had in the last month noted that the Wii was outselling the PS3 by two to one, a margin that has now widened to four to one.
The latest Media Create statistics, compiled for the week ending January 28th, see the Wii having shifted 83,754 units, compared to just 19,996 for the PS3. The DS Lite robbed the top-spot comfortably, however, shifting 194,526. The PSP languished on 35,700 - which is still better than the Xbox 360 - which only managed 7,365. Even the PS2 beat the PS3, selling 20,995 units.
With Sony reporting record losses in recent weeks, so rumours have begun circulating that Sony will cut the price of the PS3 in order to stimulate higher sales, with one PS3 exec even admitting as much last week. As well as promoting higher sales, Sony will be keen to not lose sight of the Wii, especially on their home turf, where the PlayStation is traditionally king.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year