Unreal Tournament 3 emerges from UT2007
Epic Games have this week revealed that the latest in their long-running FPS series, Unreal Tournament 2007, will be released not only on the PC and PS3, but the Xbox 360 too.
Publisher Midway have also confirmed to the press that UT2007 will no longer be known as such, instead being renamed Unreal Tournament 3. The game is expected out on all the previously mentioned formats in the second half of 2007. The new shooter uses the Unreal Engine 3, the same tech that lies at the heart of the technically prodigious Gears of War.
As well as the series' traditional focus upon multiplayer excellence we're promised an improved singleplayer campaign, as well as a no doubt popular online co-op mode. Said mode will be present on the PS3, as well as the other formats. Additionally, the PC version will come complete with a fairly expansive toolset, allowing gamers to craft their own levels, mods, etc for the new title.
More on this as 2007 lingers onward.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III