Unreal Tournament 3 emerges from UT2007
Epic Games have this week revealed that the latest in their long-running FPS series, Unreal Tournament 2007, will be released not only on the PC and PS3, but the Xbox 360 too.
Publisher Midway have also confirmed to the press that UT2007 will no longer be known as such, instead being renamed Unreal Tournament 3. The game is expected out on all the previously mentioned formats in the second half of 2007. The new shooter uses the Unreal Engine 3, the same tech that lies at the heart of the technically prodigious Gears of War.
As well as the series' traditional focus upon multiplayer excellence we're promised an improved singleplayer campaign, as well as a no doubt popular online co-op mode. Said mode will be present on the PS3, as well as the other formats. Additionally, the PC version will come complete with a fairly expansive toolset, allowing gamers to craft their own levels, mods, etc for the new title.
More on this as 2007 lingers onward.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO