Unreal Tournament 3 emerges from UT2007
Epic Games have this week revealed that the latest in their long-running FPS series, Unreal Tournament 2007, will be released not only on the PC and PS3, but the Xbox 360 too.
Publisher Midway have also confirmed to the press that UT2007 will no longer be known as such, instead being renamed Unreal Tournament 3. The game is expected out on all the previously mentioned formats in the second half of 2007. The new shooter uses the Unreal Engine 3, the same tech that lies at the heart of the technically prodigious Gears of War.
As well as the series' traditional focus upon multiplayer excellence we're promised an improved singleplayer campaign, as well as a no doubt popular online co-op mode. Said mode will be present on the PS3, as well as the other formats. Additionally, the PC version will come complete with a fairly expansive toolset, allowing gamers to craft their own levels, mods, etc for the new title.
More on this as 2007 lingers onward.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year