Unreal Tournament 3 emerges from UT2007
Epic Games have this week revealed that the latest in their long-running FPS series, Unreal Tournament 2007, will be released not only on the PC and PS3, but the Xbox 360 too.
Publisher Midway have also confirmed to the press that UT2007 will no longer be known as such, instead being renamed Unreal Tournament 3. The game is expected out on all the previously mentioned formats in the second half of 2007. The new shooter uses the Unreal Engine 3, the same tech that lies at the heart of the technically prodigious Gears of War.
As well as the series' traditional focus upon multiplayer excellence we're promised an improved singleplayer campaign, as well as a no doubt popular online co-op mode. Said mode will be present on the PS3, as well as the other formats. Additionally, the PC version will come complete with a fairly expansive toolset, allowing gamers to craft their own levels, mods, etc for the new title.
More on this as 2007 lingers onward.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light