Shinji Mikami's The Evil within gets a release date
The first game from Shinji Mikami's new Tango Gameworks studio, The Evil Within now has a release date.
The Evil Within sees the Resident Evil creator head back to his roots creating a completely new survival horror title that he hopes will breathe new life into the genre which has become pretty stale of late as far as mainstream releases go.
It departs from the physical horror of the the Resident Evil series, opting instead for a more psychological approach. Indeed, footage released so far shows that the game has much more in common with the best bits of the Silent Hill series and even Swery65's Deadly Premonition than it does with Mikami's seminal horror series.
The Evil Within will be released on PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC on August the 26th in North America and August 29th in Europe and the UK.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3