Final Fantasy XV originally revealed as Final Fantasy XIII Versus
Have you ever wondered what happened to Final Fantasy XIII Versus? Square Enix's Yoshinori Kitase has revealed exactly what has happened to it.
Final Fantasy XIII Versus was revealed under a brand new name at the PS4 reveal last February as Final Fantasy XV.
Kitase-san explained, "Right from the start when we first it announced it as Versus XIII, the game itself was backed up by the same Crystal legend: the Fabulla Nova Crystallis mythology that underpins the whole of the XIII series.”
"So even though it's not necessarily the same universe or the same game, they're all linked and underpinned by the backdrop of that legend,” he went on. “Now it's moved on - obviously the title's been changed to Final Fantasy XV - but that hasn't actually changed. The story and the world is still going to be linked and backed up by that. So yes, there is the link between XIII and XV, and they both share that mythology as a backdrop and a starting point."
In the meantime, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII launches tomorrow in Europe and the UK on Xbox 360 and PS3.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light