Final Fantasy XV originally revealed as Final Fantasy XIII Versus
Have you ever wondered what happened to Final Fantasy XIII Versus? Square Enix's Yoshinori Kitase has revealed exactly what has happened to it.
Final Fantasy XIII Versus was revealed under a brand new name at the PS4 reveal last February as Final Fantasy XV.
Kitase-san explained, "Right from the start when we first it announced it as Versus XIII, the game itself was backed up by the same Crystal legend: the Fabulla Nova Crystallis mythology that underpins the whole of the XIII series.”
"So even though it's not necessarily the same universe or the same game, they're all linked and underpinned by the backdrop of that legend,” he went on. “Now it's moved on - obviously the title's been changed to Final Fantasy XV - but that hasn't actually changed. The story and the world is still going to be linked and backed up by that. So yes, there is the link between XIII and XV, and they both share that mythology as a backdrop and a starting point."
In the meantime, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII launches tomorrow in Europe and the UK on Xbox 360 and PS3.
- Stephen Colbert deconstructs #Gamergate last night with guest Anita Sarkeesian
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront