Final Fantasy XV originally revealed as Final Fantasy XIII Versus
Have you ever wondered what happened to Final Fantasy XIII Versus? Square Enix's Yoshinori Kitase has revealed exactly what has happened to it.
Final Fantasy XIII Versus was revealed under a brand new name at the PS4 reveal last February as Final Fantasy XV.
Kitase-san explained, "Right from the start when we first it announced it as Versus XIII, the game itself was backed up by the same Crystal legend: the Fabulla Nova Crystallis mythology that underpins the whole of the XIII series.”
"So even though it's not necessarily the same universe or the same game, they're all linked and underpinned by the backdrop of that legend,” he went on. “Now it's moved on - obviously the title's been changed to Final Fantasy XV - but that hasn't actually changed. The story and the world is still going to be linked and backed up by that. So yes, there is the link between XIII and XV, and they both share that mythology as a backdrop and a starting point."
In the meantime, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII launches tomorrow in Europe and the UK on Xbox 360 and PS3.
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing