Microsoft planning to play the “long game” again with the Xbox One
The outgoing console generation has lasted longer than any generation and Microsoft plans to draw as much life out of the Xbox One as they have out of the Xbox 360.
Larry 'Major Nelson' Hryb told fans on Reddit that the Xbox 360 took years of evolution to become the platform it is today and they will be taking the same approach with the Xbox One.
The first system update for the Xbox One is due to be rolled out some time this week with a second due to be rolled out in March in time for the Titanfall launch.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3