Sledgehammer's Call Of Duty is next-gen led
Activision has emphasised that this year's Call Of Duty which is in development at Sledgehammer is being made for PS4 and Xbox One primarily.
Eric Hirschberg, boss of Activision Publishing explained in a new interview that this time out Sledgehammer are treating the game as a next-gen project rather than the generation transition project that Call Of Duty: Ghosts was.
“Sledgehammer is approaching this as a next-gen-first development,” he stated. “Obviously in the console-transition year, anyone who developed a cross-generational game last year had to deal with the fact that the technology of the next-gen platforms was still coming into focus and changing quite a bit during the development process…. Now that we have the next-gen hardware out in the marketplace and solid, that is our primary development.”
This year will be the first year that Sledgehammer have been given a shot at making a game of their own having been helping out on the series since Modern Warfare 3 was released.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey