Sledgehammer's Call Of Duty is next-gen led
Activision has emphasised that this year's Call Of Duty which is in development at Sledgehammer is being made for PS4 and Xbox One primarily.
Eric Hirschberg, boss of Activision Publishing explained in a new interview that this time out Sledgehammer are treating the game as a next-gen project rather than the generation transition project that Call Of Duty: Ghosts was.
“Sledgehammer is approaching this as a next-gen-first development,” he stated. “Obviously in the console-transition year, anyone who developed a cross-generational game last year had to deal with the fact that the technology of the next-gen platforms was still coming into focus and changing quite a bit during the development process…. Now that we have the next-gen hardware out in the marketplace and solid, that is our primary development.”
This year will be the first year that Sledgehammer have been given a shot at making a game of their own having been helping out on the series since Modern Warfare 3 was released.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light