WB Montreal foregoing patches to work on DLC for Batman: Arkham Origins
WB Montreal has revealed that they probably won't be putting together any more patches for Batman: Arkham Origins despite the game still featuring some pretty frustrating progress-blocking bugs.
The freshman Batman developer will be pouring their efforts into building DLC for the game instead.
A community manager going by the handle of 'Mercury' stated on the forum, "The team is currently working hard on the upcoming story DLC and there currently are no plans for releasing another patch to address the issues that have been reported on the forums."
"If we do move forward with creating a new patch,” added the community manager, “it will try to address the progression blocking bugs for players, not the minor glitches that do not prevent one from continuing to play. The issues that are not progression blockers will unfortunately no longer be addressed."
While DLC is nice, being told that they have “no plans” to address any further issues that have been reported is a bit disheartening for those that have bought the game especially Wii U users who have already seen the story DLC canned on their platform.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3