EA wrap up Christmas
Electronic Arts seem to have pretty much sewn-up Christmas, much to the surprise of no one apart from a cat in Oxford called Clive. The UK charts Christmas number one spot (which gaming firms seem to be trying to make into something special, like the music charts Christmas number one), has been held by FIFA 07. Which is sort of okay, because it's the best example of the series for ages. EA demonstrated their hold on the all-formats chart by also nabbing second spot, with Need for speed: Carbon still selling by the truckload more than a month after release.
THQ's WWE Smackdown game rolled in at number three, while Konami's beloved Pro Evo 6 comes in at numero four. Then there's Call of Duty 3, and The Sims 2: Pets. 360 exclusive Gears of War trots into view at seven, followed by film cash-in Happy Feet sitting pretty at eight. Lego Stars Wars II and Cars complete the top ten. Perhaps most disappointing about this year's festive chart is the dominance of major franchises and series, not to mention the cursed film tie-ins. Indeed, only Gears of War doesn't fall into one of these categories, itself being the start of what we expect to be a major series.
Still, I'm sure EA's accountants won't be complaining, with the publisher taking the number one spot of the fourth time in an as many years. More festive fun as we get it.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year