EA wrap up Christmas
Electronic Arts seem to have pretty much sewn-up Christmas, much to the surprise of no one apart from a cat in Oxford called Clive. The UK charts Christmas number one spot (which gaming firms seem to be trying to make into something special, like the music charts Christmas number one), has been held by FIFA 07. Which is sort of okay, because it's the best example of the series for ages. EA demonstrated their hold on the all-formats chart by also nabbing second spot, with Need for speed: Carbon still selling by the truckload more than a month after release.
THQ's WWE Smackdown game rolled in at number three, while Konami's beloved Pro Evo 6 comes in at numero four. Then there's Call of Duty 3, and The Sims 2: Pets. 360 exclusive Gears of War trots into view at seven, followed by film cash-in Happy Feet sitting pretty at eight. Lego Stars Wars II and Cars complete the top ten. Perhaps most disappointing about this year's festive chart is the dominance of major franchises and series, not to mention the cursed film tie-ins. Indeed, only Gears of War doesn't fall into one of these categories, itself being the start of what we expect to be a major series.
Still, I'm sure EA's accountants won't be complaining, with the publisher taking the number one spot of the fourth time in an as many years. More festive fun as we get it.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update