Avalanche has “A secret game” in development with Square Enix says Christofer Sundberg
The chief creative officer of Avalanche Christofer Sundberg has given the biggest hint yet that they are working on Just Cause 3 in a new interview.
The Swedish developer currently has three studios in operation at the minute. The Stockholm studio is working on Mad Max and their free-to-play studio, Expansive Worlds is working on their slow-paced hunting title The Hunter.
Given that Square Enix picked up the publishing rights to the Just Cause franchise when they bought Eidos it's not that much of a leap to suggest that the title in development at Avalanche's New York offices is a new Just Cause game.
When pressed on the subject of a new Just Cause Sundberg stated coyly, "Can't say. It's a huge franchise for the studio, so you shouldn't be surprised if there is a Just Cause game in the future, but right now it's nothing we can talk about."
With so much focus on Mad Max just now as it is due out later this year it is perfectly fair that Sundberg doesn't want to talk about a new Just Cause just yet. It would be a safe bet to suggest that there will be a Just Cause announcement coming once Mad Max has been finished.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3