EA disappointed with FIFA 13’s performance on Wii U
EA has spoken of their disappointment over the performance of FIFA 13 on the Wii U.
Despite throwing their support behind the Wii U at its launch EA has confirmed that they have no titles in development on the Wii U meaning all of their big guns like FIFA 14 and Battlefield 4 will be skipping Nintendo’s flagship home console.
An EA spokesperson said, "Six months ago FIFA 13 was a launch title on Wii U. Although the game featured FIFA's award-winning HD gameplay and innovative new ways to play, the commercial results were disappointing. We have decided not to develop FIFA 14 on Wii U."
The last EA game to make it on to the Wii U was Need For Speed: Most Wanted.
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One
- Indie dev threatens Gabe Newell after a minor error at his game's Steam launch, game gets pulled from Steam
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out