New Dead or Alive glimpsed
The Dead or Alive series will be receiving a fifth installment, it won't surprise you to learn today. The long-running beat 'em up series, more recently a champion of the Xbox's graphical capabilities, will once again be heading for Microsoft's latest platform, from what we can gather. As reported by fan site Team Xbox, Tecmo developer Tomonobu Itagaki confirmed the existence of a new installment at a party celebrating the game's tenth anniversary.
"I've already started writing the basics for DOA5," he is quoted as saying, going on to add that "I cannot talk about it but the opening scene has already [been] determined in my head."
Itagaki-san most recently masterminded Dead or Alive X2, which is due out in PAL regions come September. Online rumour mongering also speaks of gameplay terms having been decided, and the removal of tag team battles from the formula. We'll keep you posted on all this as we learn more, young proteges.
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online