Deep Down delayed till after the summer to make sure it makes full use of the PS4
Capcom's Kazunori Sugiura, producer on Deep Down has announced that the game is to be delayed until after the summer.
This is quite a lengthy delay as it was supposed to arrive in beta with the Japanese launch of the PS4. Sugiura-san explained that delay is to ensure that they make full use of the PS4's capabilities.
He told Dengeki Online, “About Deep Down, I think we’ll give full fledged information to everyone after the summer, so you may have to wait for a little while beyond the launch [of PS4] on February 22nd.”
“Since we don’t want to risk to be told 'This could have been done on PS3!' we want to finish a game that fully uses the PS4 hardware specs,” he added.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3