The Chinese Room's Everybody's Gone To The Rapture's main features now 'locked in'
The Chinese Room, the studio behind the achingly beautiful Dear Esther seem to be progressing nicely on their new title Everybody's Gone To The Rapture.
A few excited tweets from the studio and the game's lead designer Andrew Cranshaw seem to indicate that Sony's Santa Monica Studio has paid them a visit and things are going swimmingly.
Several tweets from the studio's official Twitter feed said:
“Full team in town this week, walking through PS4 build, dissecting it all and putting it back together. @BrightonIndies tonight!”
“Interesting yesterday to get the team who hadn't played the PS4 build on it. Love how using the proper controller subtly changes everything.”
“Got the whole morning put aside with @andrewcrawshaw to talk design. As core features lock, time to do detail - the really important stuff.”
Andrew Cranshaw himself added to the flurry of tweets saying, “On my way home after a few days of very satisfying meetings and bonding with @ChineseRoom - something special is brewing...”
Everybody's Gone To The Rapture is a timed exclusive for the PS4. It's not expected to arrive in 2014 but if things keep going well who knows.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter