The Chinese Room's Everybody's Gone To The Rapture's main features now 'locked in'
The Chinese Room, the studio behind the achingly beautiful Dear Esther seem to be progressing nicely on their new title Everybody's Gone To The Rapture.
A few excited tweets from the studio and the game's lead designer Andrew Cranshaw seem to indicate that Sony's Santa Monica Studio has paid them a visit and things are going swimmingly.
Several tweets from the studio's official Twitter feed said:
“Full team in town this week, walking through PS4 build, dissecting it all and putting it back together. @BrightonIndies tonight!”
“Interesting yesterday to get the team who hadn't played the PS4 build on it. Love how using the proper controller subtly changes everything.”
“Got the whole morning put aside with @andrewcrawshaw to talk design. As core features lock, time to do detail - the really important stuff.”
Andrew Cranshaw himself added to the flurry of tweets saying, “On my way home after a few days of very satisfying meetings and bonding with @ChineseRoom - something special is brewing...”
Everybody's Gone To The Rapture is a timed exclusive for the PS4. It's not expected to arrive in 2014 but if things keep going well who knows.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3