The Chinese Room's Everybody's Gone To The Rapture's main features now 'locked in'
The Chinese Room, the studio behind the achingly beautiful Dear Esther seem to be progressing nicely on their new title Everybody's Gone To The Rapture.
A few excited tweets from the studio and the game's lead designer Andrew Cranshaw seem to indicate that Sony's Santa Monica Studio has paid them a visit and things are going swimmingly.
Several tweets from the studio's official Twitter feed said:
“Full team in town this week, walking through PS4 build, dissecting it all and putting it back together. @BrightonIndies tonight!”
“Interesting yesterday to get the team who hadn't played the PS4 build on it. Love how using the proper controller subtly changes everything.”
“Got the whole morning put aside with @andrewcrawshaw to talk design. As core features lock, time to do detail - the really important stuff.”
Andrew Cranshaw himself added to the flurry of tweets saying, “On my way home after a few days of very satisfying meetings and bonding with @ChineseRoom - something special is brewing...”
Everybody's Gone To The Rapture is a timed exclusive for the PS4. It's not expected to arrive in 2014 but if things keep going well who knows.
- BioShock hits iPhone and iPad devices today
- Shadow Warrior next-gen release pushed back
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta