I pitched Band Of Brothers and got Predator says Cliff Bleszinski on Gears Of War
The man behind the Gears Of War franchise, former Epic man Cliff Bleszinski has spoken very honestly about the series he created and how he feels about the end result.
Bleszinski revealed that he had originally pitched Gears Of War as a more thoughtful Band Of Brothers-style experience rather than the “buff and manly” series that it turned out to be.
"As far as [Gears], at the end of the day” he said, “you're shooting f**king lizard-men in the f**king face with a f**king chainsaw gun. It didn't wind up what I'd hoped; I'd pitched it as 'Band of Brothers with monsters' -- you know Band of Brothers is well-done and emotional, telling the story of the Greatest Generation and what they did in the war.”
“Yet somehow we landed on 'Predator'... the characters being all 'buff and manly',” he went on,” I'd never planned on that. You can't plan for that. With game development, it's like doing a Ouija board. With [dialog barks] it gets easy to slip into Schwarzenegger territory."
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light
- Don't Starve gets a release date for the Wii U
- Here's the trailer for the next episode of Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Bloodborne will see DLC before the end of the year
- CD Projekt RED addresses visual downgrade issues with The Witcher 3
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new trailer featuring the Nine Inch Nails
- This year's Need For Speed is bringing back the narrative
- No Bard's Tale IV on consoles, InXile not ruling it out though