I pitched Band Of Brothers and got Predator says Cliff Bleszinski on Gears Of War
The man behind the Gears Of War franchise, former Epic man Cliff Bleszinski has spoken very honestly about the series he created and how he feels about the end result.
Bleszinski revealed that he had originally pitched Gears Of War as a more thoughtful Band Of Brothers-style experience rather than the “buff and manly” series that it turned out to be.
"As far as [Gears], at the end of the day” he said, “you're shooting f**king lizard-men in the f**king face with a f**king chainsaw gun. It didn't wind up what I'd hoped; I'd pitched it as 'Band of Brothers with monsters' -- you know Band of Brothers is well-done and emotional, telling the story of the Greatest Generation and what they did in the war.”
“Yet somehow we landed on 'Predator'... the characters being all 'buff and manly',” he went on,” I'd never planned on that. You can't plan for that. With game development, it's like doing a Ouija board. With [dialog barks] it gets easy to slip into Schwarzenegger territory."
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching