I pitched Band Of Brothers and got Predator says Cliff Bleszinski on Gears Of War
The man behind the Gears Of War franchise, former Epic man Cliff Bleszinski has spoken very honestly about the series he created and how he feels about the end result.
Bleszinski revealed that he had originally pitched Gears Of War as a more thoughtful Band Of Brothers-style experience rather than the “buff and manly” series that it turned out to be.
"As far as [Gears], at the end of the day” he said, “you're shooting f**king lizard-men in the f**king face with a f**king chainsaw gun. It didn't wind up what I'd hoped; I'd pitched it as 'Band of Brothers with monsters' -- you know Band of Brothers is well-done and emotional, telling the story of the Greatest Generation and what they did in the war.”
“Yet somehow we landed on 'Predator'... the characters being all 'buff and manly',” he went on,” I'd never planned on that. You can't plan for that. With game development, it's like doing a Ouija board. With [dialog barks] it gets easy to slip into Schwarzenegger territory."
- Sony gets all generous with Decembers PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today