Early PS3 reviews trickle in
You could be forgiven for thinking that the PlayStation 3 is some way off still, because for many of us it is (March, I ask you...), but Sony's next-generation system is out in Japan on November 11th, and in North America on the 17th. Not that we're bitter, of course. But how is the console likely to fair? Well, early reviews from Japan are filtering through and respected Japanese gaming weekly Famitsu reckon that Ridge Racer 7 could be the best initial offering on the next-gen system.
CVG and a handful of other sites have been hard at work translating initial reviews and reports, and we can reveal that RR7 landed four nine out of ten scores (the magazine's reviews are based on the scores of four reviewers). Resistence: Fall of Man landed one nine and three eights, which isn't too shabby either. The new Genji title meanwhile landed a more mediocre three sevens and an eight, Sega Golf getting four sevens and the new Gundam game receiving a healthy four eights.
So Ridge Racer 7 is the pick of the launch titles covered thus far, it seems, with the magazine apparently particularly impressed by the online play, and the car handling. We'll keep you posted as more opinions on the new system reach our desks and desktops.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch