Early PS3 reviews trickle in
You could be forgiven for thinking that the PlayStation 3 is some way off still, because for many of us it is (March, I ask you...), but Sony's next-generation system is out in Japan on November 11th, and in North America on the 17th. Not that we're bitter, of course. But how is the console likely to fair? Well, early reviews from Japan are filtering through and respected Japanese gaming weekly Famitsu reckon that Ridge Racer 7 could be the best initial offering on the next-gen system.
CVG and a handful of other sites have been hard at work translating initial reviews and reports, and we can reveal that RR7 landed four nine out of ten scores (the magazine's reviews are based on the scores of four reviewers). Resistence: Fall of Man landed one nine and three eights, which isn't too shabby either. The new Genji title meanwhile landed a more mediocre three sevens and an eight, Sega Golf getting four sevens and the new Gundam game receiving a healthy four eights.
So Ridge Racer 7 is the pick of the launch titles covered thus far, it seems, with the magazine apparently particularly impressed by the online play, and the car handling. We'll keep you posted as more opinions on the new system reach our desks and desktops.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer