Hawken making the jump to Steam Free-to-play
Meteor Entertainment and Adhesive Games have announced that their excellent free-to-play mech shooter Hawken will be moving onto Steam's free-to-play service.
In a new post on the Hawken blog they stated that they will be spending a large chunk of February transitioning the game to Steam and as a result they have taken down their servers to begin what will be a sizeable task.
Existing Hawken players are advised to uninstall the client from their PC and wait top be issued a Steam code via the email address they have linked to their Hawken account. This should reach existing Hawken players by the 11th of February.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network