Board The Ship for free
Good old Valve Software, they're giving us the chance to play The Ship for free. In case you didn't know, The Ship is a new first-person survival mystery outing, developed by Outerlight. One of Steam's Free Weekends is apparently the order of the day, meaning you'll be able to play The Ship from Thursday 1pm PST until Sunday 1pm PST - which is a fairly generous interpretation of the weekend, all things considered.
The Ship is a sneaky-sneaky multiplayer game that isn't perfect, but certainly is affordable, it also tries something different in a number of ways, and is therefore worth a try. The game playsa tad like a ghostly, floating version of 'tag' (but without knowing who is 'it'), given the cut-down nature of computer involvement. The game is improving as as the developers work out the flaws, and with Valve now championing The Ship via Steam, the future looks brighter. More as we get it.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free