Board The Ship for free
Good old Valve Software, they're giving us the chance to play The Ship for free. In case you didn't know, The Ship is a new first-person survival mystery outing, developed by Outerlight. One of Steam's Free Weekends is apparently the order of the day, meaning you'll be able to play The Ship from Thursday 1pm PST until Sunday 1pm PST - which is a fairly generous interpretation of the weekend, all things considered.
The Ship is a sneaky-sneaky multiplayer game that isn't perfect, but certainly is affordable, it also tries something different in a number of ways, and is therefore worth a try. The game playsa tad like a ghostly, floating version of 'tag' (but without knowing who is 'it'), given the cut-down nature of computer involvement. The game is improving as as the developers work out the flaws, and with Valve now championing The Ship via Steam, the future looks brighter. More as we get it.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer