Board The Ship for free
Good old Valve Software, they're giving us the chance to play The Ship for free. In case you didn't know, The Ship is a new first-person survival mystery outing, developed by Outerlight. One of Steam's Free Weekends is apparently the order of the day, meaning you'll be able to play The Ship from Thursday 1pm PST until Sunday 1pm PST - which is a fairly generous interpretation of the weekend, all things considered.
The Ship is a sneaky-sneaky multiplayer game that isn't perfect, but certainly is affordable, it also tries something different in a number of ways, and is therefore worth a try. The game playsa tad like a ghostly, floating version of 'tag' (but without knowing who is 'it'), given the cut-down nature of computer involvement. The game is improving as as the developers work out the flaws, and with Valve now championing The Ship via Steam, the future looks brighter. More as we get it.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title