Destiny beta due this summer
Activision has stated that they are expecting that Bungie will be holding the highly anticipated beta for Destiny during the summer.
Boss of Activision Publishing, Eric Hirschberg told investors in the publishing giant's most recent financial report to investors that the beta is planned for the summer and that Destiny could be the “the biggest new IP launch in history”.
Hisrchberg continued, "Together, we are bringing gamers an ambitious and innovative game which combines the intensity of great first-person action, with the character investment and social connections of an RPG in an immense connected universe.”
“We believe the game is on track to deliver record pre-orders for a new franchise, a public beta is planned for summer and we expect to launch the game on September 9,“ he added. “We look forward to expanding this universe for years to come and you'll see much more in the months ahead."
Destiny is aiming for release on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on September the 9th.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title