Destiny beta due this summer
Activision has stated that they are expecting that Bungie will be holding the highly anticipated beta for Destiny during the summer.
Boss of Activision Publishing, Eric Hirschberg told investors in the publishing giant's most recent financial report to investors that the beta is planned for the summer and that Destiny could be the “the biggest new IP launch in history”.
Hisrchberg continued, "Together, we are bringing gamers an ambitious and innovative game which combines the intensity of great first-person action, with the character investment and social connections of an RPG in an immense connected universe.”
“We believe the game is on track to deliver record pre-orders for a new franchise, a public beta is planned for summer and we expect to launch the game on September 9,“ he added. “We look forward to expanding this universe for years to come and you'll see much more in the months ahead."
Destiny is aiming for release on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on September the 9th.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto