Destiny beta due this summer
Activision has stated that they are expecting that Bungie will be holding the highly anticipated beta for Destiny during the summer.
Boss of Activision Publishing, Eric Hirschberg told investors in the publishing giant's most recent financial report to investors that the beta is planned for the summer and that Destiny could be the “the biggest new IP launch in history”.
Hisrchberg continued, "Together, we are bringing gamers an ambitious and innovative game which combines the intensity of great first-person action, with the character investment and social connections of an RPG in an immense connected universe.”
“We believe the game is on track to deliver record pre-orders for a new franchise, a public beta is planned for summer and we expect to launch the game on September 9,“ he added. “We look forward to expanding this universe for years to come and you'll see much more in the months ahead."
Destiny is aiming for release on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on September the 9th.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side