Destiny beta due this summer
Activision has stated that they are expecting that Bungie will be holding the highly anticipated beta for Destiny during the summer.
Boss of Activision Publishing, Eric Hirschberg told investors in the publishing giant's most recent financial report to investors that the beta is planned for the summer and that Destiny could be the “the biggest new IP launch in history”.
Hisrchberg continued, "Together, we are bringing gamers an ambitious and innovative game which combines the intensity of great first-person action, with the character investment and social connections of an RPG in an immense connected universe.”
“We believe the game is on track to deliver record pre-orders for a new franchise, a public beta is planned for summer and we expect to launch the game on September 9,“ he added. “We look forward to expanding this universe for years to come and you'll see much more in the months ahead."
Destiny is aiming for release on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on September the 9th.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer