Burger King games loom
Burgers and games. Portent for the end of the world, or actually quite a good thing? European gamers may soon be able to judge for themselves, if the latest news from developer Blitz Games is to be believed. Blitz are already working on three titles for the Xbox 360 to be given away alongside meals at US Burger Kings, and now they reckon that the games could be released in European 'restaurants' too.
"If we're lucky we'll see them in this country as well," CEO Philip Oliver told GamesIndustry.biz. "It's not confirmed yet, it's in discussion. For all territories, Burger King marketing works independently in all regions, so it's being evaluated."
The three games are due out in the USA this November, and will play on both the Xbox and Xbox 360, costing 3.99 USD. Defending the games, based on a series of Burger King 'characters', Oliver also notes that he sees his firm's games as the natural progression of games into the mainstream, as well as the evolution of advertising into games. He added that the games are good value and good fun, promising titles better than 'anybody will expect'. In fact, despite the low price, the CEO reckons they're somewhere between Xbox Arcade offerings and full titles. More on this soon.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer