Skullgirls will be back on PSN this week
Lab Zero's cult-hit brawler Skullgirls is to make a welcome return to the PlayStation 3 this week in the form of Skullgirls Encore.
Skullgirls Encore arrives as a completely new game on PSN after the original was pulled around a month ago when Konami withdrew their publishing support for the title.
Skullgirls Encore will be available for free to all of those that have already bought the original game for free. The DLC for the original game is not compatible however and all of the online scoreboards and trophies will be reset as well.
An Xbox 360 version is also in the works and is on the cusp of being submitted to Microsoft for certification. Unlike the PS3 version this will arrive for owners of the original release as a patch so what will happen with all the DLC, achievements and leaderboard scores is unclear at this point.
Skullgirls Encore will be released on the PlayStation Store for PS3 tomorrow, February the 11th.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3