MS plot third Xbox
Still haven't quite saved up enough pennies in order to get your hands on a new Xbox 360? Not even the under-equipped 'Core' pack? Bad news for you I'm afraid, as Microsoft are already plotting the third iteration of the Xbox console, despite the fact that the system hasn't even been out a year yet. What's surprising however, isn't the fact that MS are already planning an Xbox 3, it is the fact that they're prepare to mention it openly.
Speaking to games site Kikizo, European Xbox chief Chris Lewis stated: "You can't sit back on your laurels in this business - the consumer won't let you, the developers certainly won't let us. So that's happening right now [research and development of a new system]."
Regardless of the fact that numero three plans were no doubt in place as 360 research and development progressed, this news is hardly likely to placate gaming consumers, already concerned that Microsoft are shortening the life-span of consoles. That said, Lewis is of course right that in a competitive market planning is essential in order to steal a march on close competitors. Give it another three years and we might learn more about this. Until then, then.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title