MS plot third Xbox
Still haven't quite saved up enough pennies in order to get your hands on a new Xbox 360? Not even the under-equipped 'Core' pack? Bad news for you I'm afraid, as Microsoft are already plotting the third iteration of the Xbox console, despite the fact that the system hasn't even been out a year yet. What's surprising however, isn't the fact that MS are already planning an Xbox 3, it is the fact that they're prepare to mention it openly.
Speaking to games site Kikizo, European Xbox chief Chris Lewis stated: "You can't sit back on your laurels in this business - the consumer won't let you, the developers certainly won't let us. So that's happening right now [research and development of a new system]."
Regardless of the fact that numero three plans were no doubt in place as 360 research and development progressed, this news is hardly likely to placate gaming consumers, already concerned that Microsoft are shortening the life-span of consoles. That said, Lewis is of course right that in a competitive market planning is essential in order to steal a march on close competitors. Give it another three years and we might learn more about this. Until then, then.
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2