Ken Levine to be receive a lifetime achievement award at this year's Golden Joysticks
Irrational Games' Ken Levine is to receive the first ever lifetime achievement award at this year's Golden Joystick Awards.
Levine has indeed had a glittering career creating compelling and believable worlds and narratives in games from System Shock 2 right up to this year's incomparable BioShock Infinite. He's even been described by Guillermo del Toro as "one of the best world creators in any of the visual forms".
“In most fields, people begin their careers being inspired by others. In turn, they hopefully end up inspiring others. The great thing about the still-maturing nature of video games is you get to be inspired by the work of novices and veterans alike. We're all figuring out day by day exactly what the medium is capable of,” Levine said.
This year's Golden Joysticks will take place this Friday October the 25th at the Westminster Park Plaza in London.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week