Ken Levine to be receive a lifetime achievement award at this year's Golden Joysticks
Irrational Games' Ken Levine is to receive the first ever lifetime achievement award at this year's Golden Joystick Awards.
Levine has indeed had a glittering career creating compelling and believable worlds and narratives in games from System Shock 2 right up to this year's incomparable BioShock Infinite. He's even been described by Guillermo del Toro as "one of the best world creators in any of the visual forms".
“In most fields, people begin their careers being inspired by others. In turn, they hopefully end up inspiring others. The great thing about the still-maturing nature of video games is you get to be inspired by the work of novices and veterans alike. We're all figuring out day by day exactly what the medium is capable of,” Levine said.
This year's Golden Joysticks will take place this Friday October the 25th at the Westminster Park Plaza in London.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3