Ken Levine to be receive a lifetime achievement award at this year's Golden Joysticks
Irrational Games' Ken Levine is to receive the first ever lifetime achievement award at this year's Golden Joystick Awards.
Levine has indeed had a glittering career creating compelling and believable worlds and narratives in games from System Shock 2 right up to this year's incomparable BioShock Infinite. He's even been described by Guillermo del Toro as "one of the best world creators in any of the visual forms".
“In most fields, people begin their careers being inspired by others. In turn, they hopefully end up inspiring others. The great thing about the still-maturing nature of video games is you get to be inspired by the work of novices and veterans alike. We're all figuring out day by day exactly what the medium is capable of,” Levine said.
This year's Golden Joysticks will take place this Friday October the 25th at the Westminster Park Plaza in London.
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3