Ken Levine to be receive a lifetime achievement award at this year's Golden Joysticks
Irrational Games' Ken Levine is to receive the first ever lifetime achievement award at this year's Golden Joystick Awards.
Levine has indeed had a glittering career creating compelling and believable worlds and narratives in games from System Shock 2 right up to this year's incomparable BioShock Infinite. He's even been described by Guillermo del Toro as "one of the best world creators in any of the visual forms".
“In most fields, people begin their careers being inspired by others. In turn, they hopefully end up inspiring others. The great thing about the still-maturing nature of video games is you get to be inspired by the work of novices and veterans alike. We're all figuring out day by day exactly what the medium is capable of,” Levine said.
This year's Golden Joysticks will take place this Friday October the 25th at the Westminster Park Plaza in London.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone