Ken Levine to be receive a lifetime achievement award at this year's Golden Joysticks
Irrational Games' Ken Levine is to receive the first ever lifetime achievement award at this year's Golden Joystick Awards.
Levine has indeed had a glittering career creating compelling and believable worlds and narratives in games from System Shock 2 right up to this year's incomparable BioShock Infinite. He's even been described by Guillermo del Toro as "one of the best world creators in any of the visual forms".
“In most fields, people begin their careers being inspired by others. In turn, they hopefully end up inspiring others. The great thing about the still-maturing nature of video games is you get to be inspired by the work of novices and veterans alike. We're all figuring out day by day exactly what the medium is capable of,” Levine said.
This year's Golden Joysticks will take place this Friday October the 25th at the Westminster Park Plaza in London.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO