22Cans continues their monetization experiments with Godus
Peter Molyneux has been talking about the monetization model they will be using for 22Cans' next game Godus.
Following on from their monetization experiments in their' first title the mobile game Curiosity, 22Cans will be using a monetization model “that hasn't existed before” for the in-game store in Godus. Speaking on mobile free-to-play games he described the monetization methods used in the majority of games as akin to "taking a huge hammer and smashing our customers with it.”
In Godus the online store won't even be available until the game deems players are ready for it.
The Fable and Black And White creator added that they are working to "put as much inventiveness and creativity into people paying money into a game as we would any other mechanic."
Godus is currently available as on Steam Early Access.
Thanks Pocket Gamer.
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too
- Deep Down to be a no-show at this year's Tokyo Games Show
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer