22Cans continues their monetization experiments with Godus
Peter Molyneux has been talking about the monetization model they will be using for 22Cans' next game Godus.
Following on from their monetization experiments in their' first title the mobile game Curiosity, 22Cans will be using a monetization model “that hasn't existed before” for the in-game store in Godus. Speaking on mobile free-to-play games he described the monetization methods used in the majority of games as akin to "taking a huge hammer and smashing our customers with it.”
In Godus the online store won't even be available until the game deems players are ready for it.
The Fable and Black And White creator added that they are working to "put as much inventiveness and creativity into people paying money into a game as we would any other mechanic."
Godus is currently available as on Steam Early Access.
Thanks Pocket Gamer.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3