22Cans continues their monetization experiments with Godus
Peter Molyneux has been talking about the monetization model they will be using for 22Cans' next game Godus.
Following on from their monetization experiments in their' first title the mobile game Curiosity, 22Cans will be using a monetization model “that hasn't existed before” for the in-game store in Godus. Speaking on mobile free-to-play games he described the monetization methods used in the majority of games as akin to "taking a huge hammer and smashing our customers with it.”
In Godus the online store won't even be available until the game deems players are ready for it.
The Fable and Black And White creator added that they are working to "put as much inventiveness and creativity into people paying money into a game as we would any other mechanic."
Godus is currently available as on Steam Early Access.
Thanks Pocket Gamer.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today