PES 2015 co-developed in the UK to increase it's European appeal
After a bit of a rocky year with PES 2014 Konami is set to mack a comeback with this year's effort PES 2015.
This time out the main Japanese development team have been working with Konami's UK studio in order to build a game that better meets the needs of the demanding European football gamers.
"I can't say certain things about PES 2015, but we are ready to make a comeback," explained Konami Europe's Shinji Hirano. "I cannot give details on exactly what we are doing with the UK studio, but they are working on the next project and looking at the needs of the European people. It's about globalizing the franchise, so it is not just being developed by Japanese people.”
He continued, "We know what's been going wrong with PES, we are working on that. The next version is totally changed. 2014 is a transitional year for the franchise, so expect big things."
PES has a habit of appearing the week before FIFA in recent years so we can probably expect PES 2015 some time in the second half of September.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year