PES 2015 co-developed in the UK to increase it's European appeal
After a bit of a rocky year with PES 2014 Konami is set to mack a comeback with this year's effort PES 2015.
This time out the main Japanese development team have been working with Konami's UK studio in order to build a game that better meets the needs of the demanding European football gamers.
"I can't say certain things about PES 2015, but we are ready to make a comeback," explained Konami Europe's Shinji Hirano. "I cannot give details on exactly what we are doing with the UK studio, but they are working on the next project and looking at the needs of the European people. It's about globalizing the franchise, so it is not just being developed by Japanese people.”
He continued, "We know what's been going wrong with PES, we are working on that. The next version is totally changed. 2014 is a transitional year for the franchise, so expect big things."
PES has a habit of appearing the week before FIFA in recent years so we can probably expect PES 2015 some time in the second half of September.
- Underworld Ascendant makes its Kickstarter goal with room to spare
- Rare is 30, has something special coming in recognition of the anniversary
- Destiny will get one more update before House Of Wolves arrives
- Warner Bros to bring DC MOBA Infinite Crisis to Steam
- Gabe Newell: No-one gets motion-sick with the Vive VR headset
- NPCs can now be mugged in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016