PES 2015 co-developed in the UK to increase it's European appeal
After a bit of a rocky year with PES 2014 Konami is set to mack a comeback with this year's effort PES 2015.
This time out the main Japanese development team have been working with Konami's UK studio in order to build a game that better meets the needs of the demanding European football gamers.
"I can't say certain things about PES 2015, but we are ready to make a comeback," explained Konami Europe's Shinji Hirano. "I cannot give details on exactly what we are doing with the UK studio, but they are working on the next project and looking at the needs of the European people. It's about globalizing the franchise, so it is not just being developed by Japanese people.”
He continued, "We know what's been going wrong with PES, we are working on that. The next version is totally changed. 2014 is a transitional year for the franchise, so expect big things."
PES has a habit of appearing the week before FIFA in recent years so we can probably expect PES 2015 some time in the second half of September.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3