Burning Crusade beta commences
The world's most popular persistent world is due an update... but not quite yet, because first Blizzard have to make sure it is going to work, with a beta test for Azeroth expansion The Burning Crusade. The game world of World of Warcraft will be expanded by the update at the end of this year, but given the millions of global players currently engrossed in the most populous online title, the developer have to get this grand extension pretty much perfect.
One of the highlights of the add-on will be the Outlands, an area dedicated to battling, which will be included alongside a host of new features. The full pack will be complete and live at some point in November... but a select few WoW citizens already have the honour of testing the new areas and features. Blizzard aren't saying how many people are taking part in the beta, but one of those eagle-eyed GameSpot writers did notice that one of the two servers being used for the test was highly populated - suggesting that The Burning Crusade can already support players en masse.
Alpha-testing began back in August, with players who signed-up for the beta being invited in waves, allowing the developer to iron out the creases gradually. More on World of Warcraft as we get it.
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree