Earth Defense Force 2025 launches today
Sandlot's cult shooter series Earth Defense Force makes its return to Xbox 360 and PS3 today.
Earth Defense Force 2025 sees the giant insects awaken and start levelling cities with only the EDF standing between the Earth and total annihilation. The game features over 700 weapons and four new soldier classes with which players can crush some giant bugs with. It's probably the closest anyone will get to a Starship Troopers game minus the biting satire.
D3P's Peter Andrew said, “Not much is more satisfying in games than letting out a little steam and saving the planet from the infestation of insects that has returned bigger than ever in Earth Defense Force 2025. Nearly everything is completely destructible and players can start each battle fully equipped the way they wish that surely will create countless hours of fun for all.”
Earth Defense Force 2025 is available on the PS3 and Xbox 360 from today and series fans will find a host of avatars and weapon packs available on Xbox Live. The weapons are also available on PSN.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May