New Mortal Kombat on Arcade next month
GameSpot US revealed late yesterday that Midway's Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 will be hitting the Xbox Live Arcade next month, in the first hint at dating we've heard since the title was officially announced by the American publisher. Ultimate MK3 will be following hot on the heels of Capcom's Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting, which is already available to download via the popular service.
Like Street Fighter, MK3 Ultimate will include an online combat mode pitting two players against one another 'old skool' style. This isn't Midway's last release for the Arcade either, the firm are also promising a number of other retrograde hits over the coming months, such as Paperboy and Defender. The publicity sparked by DOOM's arrival on the service seems to be already having an impact too - with developer 3D Realms last week mooting the possibility of Duke Nukem 3D joining the Arcade.
We'll keep you posted as more titles launch, with Microsoft hoping to continue adding a new title every Wednesday. More soon.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter