New Mortal Kombat on Arcade next month
GameSpot US revealed late yesterday that Midway's Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 will be hitting the Xbox Live Arcade next month, in the first hint at dating we've heard since the title was officially announced by the American publisher. Ultimate MK3 will be following hot on the heels of Capcom's Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting, which is already available to download via the popular service.
Like Street Fighter, MK3 Ultimate will include an online combat mode pitting two players against one another 'old skool' style. This isn't Midway's last release for the Arcade either, the firm are also promising a number of other retrograde hits over the coming months, such as Paperboy and Defender. The publicity sparked by DOOM's arrival on the service seems to be already having an impact too - with developer 3D Realms last week mooting the possibility of Duke Nukem 3D joining the Arcade.
We'll keep you posted as more titles launch, with Microsoft hoping to continue adding a new title every Wednesday. More soon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3