PS3 UK debut mooted
UK games industry site GamesIndustry.biz has today learnt that Sony are plotting the PlayStation 3 console's UK debut, which will happen at the Best of Stuff show, hosted in London come November. A number of systems will be playable at the show in one of Europe's first hands-on sessions with the console, delayed until March 2007 in PAL areas.
The public display will form a part of the What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision Show, demonstrating once again Sony's desire to crack the mass market, as well as promote the console's extra features - beyond pure gaming. The show will kick-off on November 3rd at the Hammersmith Novotel Hotel. "This event is the perfect platform to showcase the power and functionality that PS3 has to offer," a representative for the platform holder told GI.biz. "It will be the first of many upcoming events that will allow consumers to get hands on with both the hardware and forthcoming software titles."
Those hoping to get a sneak-peak at the console can buy tickets for the event now (via whathifishow.co.uk), and given that European and Australian gamers will now have to wait until next year for the PS3 - this might be a way of determining whether the console will be worth the wait or not.
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though