PS3 UK debut mooted
UK games industry site GamesIndustry.biz has today learnt that Sony are plotting the PlayStation 3 console's UK debut, which will happen at the Best of Stuff show, hosted in London come November. A number of systems will be playable at the show in one of Europe's first hands-on sessions with the console, delayed until March 2007 in PAL areas.
The public display will form a part of the What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision Show, demonstrating once again Sony's desire to crack the mass market, as well as promote the console's extra features - beyond pure gaming. The show will kick-off on November 3rd at the Hammersmith Novotel Hotel. "This event is the perfect platform to showcase the power and functionality that PS3 has to offer," a representative for the platform holder told GI.biz. "It will be the first of many upcoming events that will allow consumers to get hands on with both the hardware and forthcoming software titles."
Those hoping to get a sneak-peak at the console can buy tickets for the event now (via whathifishow.co.uk), and given that European and Australian gamers will now have to wait until next year for the PS3 - this might be a way of determining whether the console will be worth the wait or not.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year