PS3 UK debut mooted
UK games industry site GamesIndustry.biz has today learnt that Sony are plotting the PlayStation 3 console's UK debut, which will happen at the Best of Stuff show, hosted in London come November. A number of systems will be playable at the show in one of Europe's first hands-on sessions with the console, delayed until March 2007 in PAL areas.
The public display will form a part of the What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision Show, demonstrating once again Sony's desire to crack the mass market, as well as promote the console's extra features - beyond pure gaming. The show will kick-off on November 3rd at the Hammersmith Novotel Hotel. "This event is the perfect platform to showcase the power and functionality that PS3 has to offer," a representative for the platform holder told GI.biz. "It will be the first of many upcoming events that will allow consumers to get hands on with both the hardware and forthcoming software titles."
Those hoping to get a sneak-peak at the console can buy tickets for the event now (via whathifishow.co.uk), and given that European and Australian gamers will now have to wait until next year for the PS3 - this might be a way of determining whether the console will be worth the wait or not.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey