PS3 UK debut mooted
UK games industry site GamesIndustry.biz has today learnt that Sony are plotting the PlayStation 3 console's UK debut, which will happen at the Best of Stuff show, hosted in London come November. A number of systems will be playable at the show in one of Europe's first hands-on sessions with the console, delayed until March 2007 in PAL areas.
The public display will form a part of the What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision Show, demonstrating once again Sony's desire to crack the mass market, as well as promote the console's extra features - beyond pure gaming. The show will kick-off on November 3rd at the Hammersmith Novotel Hotel. "This event is the perfect platform to showcase the power and functionality that PS3 has to offer," a representative for the platform holder told GI.biz. "It will be the first of many upcoming events that will allow consumers to get hands on with both the hardware and forthcoming software titles."
Those hoping to get a sneak-peak at the console can buy tickets for the event now (via whathifishow.co.uk), and given that European and Australian gamers will now have to wait until next year for the PS3 - this might be a way of determining whether the console will be worth the wait or not.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3