Old Banjo team working on new outing
One of the most welcome surprises at Microsoft's recent X06 shindig was the announcement that Rare are to create a brand new Banjo title for the Xbox 360, and UK site Eurogamer.net has today revealed that the new game will be crafted by the same team that was responsible for the excellent N64 outings. The same team made both Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie back in the day, and this news, revealed by Microsoft Game Studios general manager Phil Spencer, should please fans.
"Team sizes are so different now and we have more animators now than the full Banjo 1 team, but the key core team is really the same," Spencer revealed, hoping to reassure gamers that Banjo's Xbox 360 debut is in good hands. "Certain people look at the bear and the bird and think it's a kids' game. What we think is that Banjo as an intellectual property has the ability to span audiences," he added, contradicting those dismissing Banjo as a simple kiddies title.
Spencer is promising a title with a 'ton of substance', which sounds intriguing, whilst promising an accessible title - awash with innovation and "even more depth than Banjo-Kazooie or Banjo-Tooie." This will apparently be Rare's first title designed for the 360 from the very beginning, so expectation are understandably high. More as we get it, then.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey