Old Banjo team working on new outing
One of the most welcome surprises at Microsoft's recent X06 shindig was the announcement that Rare are to create a brand new Banjo title for the Xbox 360, and UK site Eurogamer.net has today revealed that the new game will be crafted by the same team that was responsible for the excellent N64 outings. The same team made both Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie back in the day, and this news, revealed by Microsoft Game Studios general manager Phil Spencer, should please fans.
"Team sizes are so different now and we have more animators now than the full Banjo 1 team, but the key core team is really the same," Spencer revealed, hoping to reassure gamers that Banjo's Xbox 360 debut is in good hands. "Certain people look at the bear and the bird and think it's a kids' game. What we think is that Banjo as an intellectual property has the ability to span audiences," he added, contradicting those dismissing Banjo as a simple kiddies title.
Spencer is promising a title with a 'ton of substance', which sounds intriguing, whilst promising an accessible title - awash with innovation and "even more depth than Banjo-Kazooie or Banjo-Tooie." This will apparently be Rare's first title designed for the 360 from the very beginning, so expectation are understandably high. More as we get it, then.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015