Old Banjo team working on new outing
One of the most welcome surprises at Microsoft's recent X06 shindig was the announcement that Rare are to create a brand new Banjo title for the Xbox 360, and UK site Eurogamer.net has today revealed that the new game will be crafted by the same team that was responsible for the excellent N64 outings. The same team made both Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie back in the day, and this news, revealed by Microsoft Game Studios general manager Phil Spencer, should please fans.
"Team sizes are so different now and we have more animators now than the full Banjo 1 team, but the key core team is really the same," Spencer revealed, hoping to reassure gamers that Banjo's Xbox 360 debut is in good hands. "Certain people look at the bear and the bird and think it's a kids' game. What we think is that Banjo as an intellectual property has the ability to span audiences," he added, contradicting those dismissing Banjo as a simple kiddies title.
Spencer is promising a title with a 'ton of substance', which sounds intriguing, whilst promising an accessible title - awash with innovation and "even more depth than Banjo-Kazooie or Banjo-Tooie." This will apparently be Rare's first title designed for the 360 from the very beginning, so expectation are understandably high. More as we get it, then.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year