EVE: Valkyrie to be an Oculus Rift exclusive launch title
Oculus Rift has announced that CCP's upcoming dogfighting game, EVE: Valkyrie will be a launch title for the VR device as well as a platform exclusive.
EVE: Valkyrie is currently in development in CCP's UK studio in Newcastle and has been built from the ground up as a virtual reality experience.
CCP's Sigurdur Gunnarsson said, “We wanted people to really feel like they were there – to sense the vastness of space, feel the confined area of the cockpit and get that adrenaline rush as you see an exploding fighter whizz past your head. In a very short amount of time this passion project became a full fledged CCP project which we’re now working on in Newcastle. It’s hard to believe how far we’ve come in a year!”
This news comes not long after Valve pledged their support to the Oculus Rift as the future of VR devices on Steam at their Steam Dev Days conference in January.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light