EVE: Valkyrie to be an Oculus Rift exclusive launch title
Oculus Rift has announced that CCP's upcoming dogfighting game, EVE: Valkyrie will be a launch title for the VR device as well as a platform exclusive.
EVE: Valkyrie is currently in development in CCP's UK studio in Newcastle and has been built from the ground up as a virtual reality experience.
CCP's Sigurdur Gunnarsson said, “We wanted people to really feel like they were there – to sense the vastness of space, feel the confined area of the cockpit and get that adrenaline rush as you see an exploding fighter whizz past your head. In a very short amount of time this passion project became a full fledged CCP project which we’re now working on in Newcastle. It’s hard to believe how far we’ve come in a year!”
This news comes not long after Valve pledged their support to the Oculus Rift as the future of VR devices on Steam at their Steam Dev Days conference in January.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3