EVE: Valkyrie to be an Oculus Rift exclusive launch title
Oculus Rift has announced that CCP's upcoming dogfighting game, EVE: Valkyrie will be a launch title for the VR device as well as a platform exclusive.
EVE: Valkyrie is currently in development in CCP's UK studio in Newcastle and has been built from the ground up as a virtual reality experience.
CCP's Sigurdur Gunnarsson said, “We wanted people to really feel like they were there – to sense the vastness of space, feel the confined area of the cockpit and get that adrenaline rush as you see an exploding fighter whizz past your head. In a very short amount of time this passion project became a full fledged CCP project which we’re now working on in Newcastle. It’s hard to believe how far we’ve come in a year!”
This news comes not long after Valve pledged their support to the Oculus Rift as the future of VR devices on Steam at their Steam Dev Days conference in January.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year