EVE: Valkyrie to be an Oculus Rift exclusive launch title
Oculus Rift has announced that CCP's upcoming dogfighting game, EVE: Valkyrie will be a launch title for the VR device as well as a platform exclusive.
EVE: Valkyrie is currently in development in CCP's UK studio in Newcastle and has been built from the ground up as a virtual reality experience.
CCP's Sigurdur Gunnarsson said, “We wanted people to really feel like they were there – to sense the vastness of space, feel the confined area of the cockpit and get that adrenaline rush as you see an exploding fighter whizz past your head. In a very short amount of time this passion project became a full fledged CCP project which we’re now working on in Newcastle. It’s hard to believe how far we’ve come in a year!”
This news comes not long after Valve pledged their support to the Oculus Rift as the future of VR devices on Steam at their Steam Dev Days conference in January.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week