EVE: Valkyrie to be an Oculus Rift exclusive launch title
Oculus Rift has announced that CCP's upcoming dogfighting game, EVE: Valkyrie will be a launch title for the VR device as well as a platform exclusive.
EVE: Valkyrie is currently in development in CCP's UK studio in Newcastle and has been built from the ground up as a virtual reality experience.
CCP's Sigurdur Gunnarsson said, “We wanted people to really feel like they were there – to sense the vastness of space, feel the confined area of the cockpit and get that adrenaline rush as you see an exploding fighter whizz past your head. In a very short amount of time this passion project became a full fledged CCP project which we’re now working on in Newcastle. It’s hard to believe how far we’ve come in a year!”
This news comes not long after Valve pledged their support to the Oculus Rift as the future of VR devices on Steam at their Steam Dev Days conference in January.
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing