Resident Evil 5 goes 360 exclusive?
Having used the 'X0' series of events in the past to drop a number of bombshells (the purchase of Rare, being perhaps the most notable), a number of online reports are this week suggesting this year's Xbox expo could also have something of a surprise for us. According to reports from Japan, Xbox 360 regional chief Takashi Sensui has refused to deny reports circulating in the press that Microsoft has enlisted Resident Evil 5 exclusively for the Xbox 360.
Capcom's Resident Evil 5 was announced for the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 last year, but was a surprise-ommision from the floor at this year's Tokyo Game Show. The game has previously been mooted for a release in March 2007. The shock deal with Microsoft was one reason being whispered in the back-alleys of the show as the reason behind the absence, according to UK site Eurogamer.net.
Some industry watchers are now predicting an official announcement at this year's X06, being held in the Spanish city of Barcelona. A separate Resident Evil title is currently being created for the Nintendo Wii, and whilst Capcom is traditionally an ally of Sony, Xbox 360-exlcusive Dead Rising has been charting very well indeed in a number of countries. If Resident Evil 5 was exclusive on the 360, this would be a major to boost to Microsoft and might even catch the eye of Japanese gamers, who remain resolutely apathetic to Microsoft's console.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3